Completion of the Lets talk with Under 5's course
This is the second successful delivery and completion of the Lets talk with Under 5's course.
Over the last seven weeks some parents of Nursery and Reception children have been attending a Speech and language Let’s talk with under 5’s ELKLAN course. They have been able to learn strategies and activities that could be used with their children. Helping their child become a confident communicator.
We covered topics such as
• Understanding what's happening when we talk to each other.
• Enhancing interaction between children and adults.
• Developing play so that talking develops.
• Improving listening and understanding.
• Learn how children learn new words and help them use them in sentences.
• Learn how to ask appropriate questions and share books.
• Help children whose speech is hard to understand.
I am sure you will congratulate the parents on their completion of the course.
The parents felt that they had not only benefited learning about the background of speech and strategies to help their children, but, also gave them more confidence in supporting their children.