10 Rules for Online Safety
- Keep telephone number, address, name/location of school, parents’ work address/telephone number private.
- Report any information that makes me feel uncomfortable to my parents or my teacher.
- Never agree to get together with someone you "meet" online unless my parents agree and come with me to meet them in a public place.
- Never send a person your picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
- Never respond to any mean or unkind messages. Tell parents/teacher if any messages make you feel uncomfortable.
- Set up rules for going online with your parents about the time of day, the length of time and appropriate areas for you to visit. Stick to them!
- Never give out internet passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than parents.
- Check before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt the computer or jeopardize your family’s privacy.
- Be a good online citizen and do not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
- Help your parents understand how to have fun and learn things online. Teach them about the tech you are using!