At Curwen we want all children to SHINE. We believe that the Arts are a fantastic way to allow children to face challenges by immersing themselves creatively and to encourage their social development and understanding: “Life is a stage –Embrace it!”
Click here for lots more information about The Arts at Curwen!
See our Poetry Performances
* To develop knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the Performing Arts.
* To develop the children’s ability to observe, learn and interpret the world around them
* To provide opportunities for children to use Performing Arts to express their creative imagination and feelings.
* To use the Performing Arts as a platform to showcase talent and work to the community.
* To use the Performing Arts to work with the community.
* To develop the ability to discuss and evaluate their work and that of others in a constructive, but critical manner, developing their critical vocabulary.
* To develop the ability to recognise different kinds of Performing Arts (genres in Drama, Dance, Singing, Speaking) and to discuss and to explore why they are different.
* To develop the children’s ability to improve their own unique and personal ideas - working within a group and also increasing their independence.
* To ensure all children have a voice. Thus coinciding with the inclusive education the government have set for schools.
We are delighted to be a Shakespeare Gold School as well as Artsmark Gold.
The Tempest at Barking Theatre November 2022 as part of the Shakespeare Schools Festival